This morning we left out of Idaho to head to the Mountian Chapter rally for the Cedar Creek RV Club. There will only be two units there, but it will be nice to meet another Creeker family member. I took a few photos of the trip over to Billings, MT until it was my turn to drive.

It was a beautiful drive up to Bozeman, MT. Most of the way we were at the west edge of Yellowstone NP. Beautiful scenes of the mountains and the river running beside it. We had a long delay due to construction on 191 just north of Yellowstone NP. We sat in line for what seemed to be at least 30 to 45 minutes before we finally got moving again. Bozeman was a large city that we had to make our way through to get to I-90. Many traffic lights that were not timed well at all. It seemed as though we had to stop at about 75% of them and they were slow to turn green. We then turned onto I-90 where I took over driving. I noticed that the scenery changed to mostly grass lands with many ranches with beef cattle. There was a mountain range to each side of us. Mark saw an eagle nest with mother and two chicks in it. There was a train loaded with coal and another loaded with tankers of possibly natural gas. Saw several places where you could rent out horses to ride.
We stopped for lunch at exit 330 at a little hole in the wall that I think was called Yellowstone truck stop and casino. We both had the hot beef sandwich. It was very good!
We continued on I-90 to Billings, MT where the KOA was at for our rally. The road to the rally had fresh cloride, but we managed down the road without getting the trailer or the truck stained. We arrived at the park and were greeted by Carol and Steve. We sat outside and enjoyed the evening with some snacks that Carol prepared for us, a BBQ dinner and views of deer and a peacock in the park. The peacock was at the front bumper of Steve's truck admiring it's self in the reflection. We saw this while we were showing Steve and Carol our trailer inside. I couldn't get my camera fast enough to get a photo, but it sure was funny. Steve was sure that it was talking to itself! We were all tired from the day, so we called it an early night. Steve and Carol have a lovely weekend planned for us. We look forward to our adventures of the area tomorrow.
Happy Travels!
No comments:
Post a Comment