Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7 2009

Thought that I would share a few pictures that I took today. The first is a picture of our house through the Colorado Blue Spruce that line the front of our yard.
Here's some of the birds that I was able to snap. Took several photos, but they were flitting on and off so quick that I couldn't get too many good shots. I took this shot of these birds after the the squirrel jumped off.

Mr. squirrel decided that he wanted to monopolize the feeder. The birds were not too happy. He was twisting and twirling trying to get into the seed. I had to step out the door to get him to get off and he took a flying leap over to the pole. Usually they can't get onto this feeder, but guess this one is a better jumper than most. The birds were delighted when he finally left. They didn't even scatter when I went out the door to scare the squirrel off, they just flocked to the feeder. Who knows how long he had been on there and I guess the birds were starving.

Mr. Cardinal


Mr. Blue Jay

1 comment:

Lana Trussell said...

Oh I wished sometimes I had your snow to photograph. Beautiful stuff. I think that is the first time that I have seen a dove actually sitting on a feeder. Mine are always on the ground. Great capture Sandy!