We went to the lake today to get our trailer packed up so that we could bring it home. Of course I forgot to bring my new camera, but fortunately my old stand by was in the trailer. So I got that out and discovered that the batteries were dead. Not to be beaten out of these autumn snapshots, I looked through the drawers and was lucky enough to find some batteries to get the camera up and running. Sad to see the time come to have to pull the trailer off the lot there at the lake. It was such a wonderful summer considering that we were not able to travel any distance from home due to Mark's back. We are looking forward to next year at the lake.
Here is a picture of the changing colors in the acres across the road from us at the lake.

This picture below is facing the view if you stand on our upper land of the lake property and look to the north.

Here's a view below of the colors as you look at the south side of our boardwalk.......

....and the south side again looking up the boardwalk from the lake. Most of those pretty oranges and reds are from that dreaded poison sumac! It is beautiful in the fall, but I sure would like to see all of it gone. I'll take the pretty deep reds of the maple trees and the yellows of the birch trees there instead. I'd rather look at the poison sumac on the neighbors land and not ours!

Here's a view looking across the top part of our lake property facing to the north.

And.....here's our Cedar Creek all packed up and ready to head home for winter storage in the barn. The grass has filled in so nicely and the new parking spot for the Creek at the edge of the drop off is really looking inviting for next year. The plants and trees that we put in are all doing very well. It should look pretty good next spring!

I walked down our road to the neighbors lot on the lake and took this view of the state land on the east side of the lake. Thought I'd let Jim and Bonnie see what they are missing while they are at their winter home in Florida. The colors are starting to turn. Several neighbors have offered us a ride out on the lake to view the colors. We hope to take them up on their offers soon!

I will take more photos of the colors in the next few weeks when we go to visit at the lake.
Hope everyone has a lovely day!
1 comment:
Gorgeous colors you are starting to have. Beautiful. It's so sad to see you pack up for the winter, but here's to many wonderful year at the lake lot!!!!
Post a Comment