Saturday, August 23, 2008
August at the lake
Here's Mark and our grandson with their catch of the morning. They went out around 9 am and came back in around 11 with 21 gills. They were proud as punch.
Grandpa cut off the heads and our grandson played with and handed grandpa the fish.
Here's the catch all lined up, with their heads off, ready to be cleaned.
Here I am with our grandson cleaning the fish. He took a real interest in this. I cut around the fins and he pulled them out. Then he skinned them. Then I fillet them and put them into the freezer to cook another day.
Hobo pie feast with the neighbors. Grandpa is getting the pie cooker ready for the fire. The pies were a big hit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so cute that your grandson is getting into fish cleaning. That lake lot looks like it has been so good for you guys.
Post a Comment