Friday, January 23, 2009

January 21 2009

We took a drive up to the lake on Wednesday to have our weekly lunch with the gang. Was sure great to see and visit with everyone! Afterwards, we drove to the property to see what it looked like there. We had not been there in a couple of months because the roads were so bad. The first photo is of our boardwalk after I came back from taking photos of the neighbors house to send to them in Florida. I'm looking down the hill and toward the lake. You can see our boardwalk there in the center of the photo.
This following photo is of the main part of the lake where the islands are. The island shown is the one that is the highest of the three. Anyone for swimming? I did not see much activity on the lake at all. No ice shannies or kids skating. No ice cleared off that I could see. Just saw one place that our neighbor across the water from us had taken out his four wheeler to make a few donuts in the snow. The snow was only about 3" deep on the main part of the lake, but in our little bay area it was at least a foot or more deep! The ice looked decent in our area, but not so great near to the shore on the main lake part. I didn't walk out on the ice very far though. I imagine that it was better further out and away from the shoreline.
Here's a couple of shots down the boardwalk. You can see how deep the snow was there. Maybe that is why we are so quiet. The snow even banks up here more than it does on the rest of the lake. We are very protected and surrounded by trees and shrubs.



After this trip to the lake, it makes us long all the more to get back there with our RV in the spring. We just love it up there!
Hope everyone is warm and cozy.

1 comment:

Lana Trussell said...

Sandy that is absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine all the snow it's so beautiful. Wow to be able to ice skate on the lake, that is great!