Sunday, September 14, 2008

Season changes at the lake

My cousin in Florida asked that I take pictures as the colors change at the lake. Here's where we are at now. Just a few colors here and there. I'm sure that it's going to be spectacular in a few weeks! This is the island in the middle of our lake.... This is a view on the east side of the lake where it is all state land.
This is a shot of our deck with the paddle boat leaned up against it. I love the birch trees that are all over our area there. See the little maple at the waters edge that's turned a pretty red?
Our grass seed has really taken off. Mark mowed it just before I took this picture. I also dug a stairway up the hill on the far side. Not sure if we will use it much, but it looks nice so far. I plan to take some hostas up there to plant at the sides. Still needs more work, but I'm in no hurry.
This is a view of the land across the road from ours where some of the trees have started to turn their colors. See how pretty the birch are mixed in with the pines and the other trees? We have a real "up north" look here even though we don't consider this up north as it is only 17 miles from home! But it really reminds us of what it looks like up in the UP of MI.

1 comment:

Lana Trussell said...

Ahhh summer is going away so fast this year it seems. Keep posting those colors up there. It will be awhile before we see any colors here.