Saturday, April 5, 2008

Signs of Spring

The signs of Spring are beginning to appear!
A flooded bog on our land.

The butterfly lady patiently awaiting her new bouquet of flowers. The ones in there were left over from last year. Must get to the dollar store for a new bunch!
The outdoor furniture is slowly being brought out of the barns. AND.....what is that on the table? I'd have to guess a gin and tonic. LOL
A shiny new fire ring under the bench sat up for mowing around. It would be a HOT seat if we left it up there with the fire roaring!
The tractor waiting for its next assignment.And the blossoms of Spring begin to appear.
Help me out with these.....
UPDATE....I found the name of the one I was missing!
A few years ago, I made a map of my flower beds and tried to label all of the flowers. So I pulled that out and found one name, but still missing the name of the one that puts on a blue flower.
Crocus


Orange spotted lilies

Orange Poppies

Puts a blue flower on them that stays for over a full month. Don't know the name, but everyone that sees them wants a piece for their flower bed.

Tulips

Euphorbia "Polychroma" or Cushion Spurge. This flower has a bright yellow head of leaves that look like a flower that appear in late spring and stay until mid summer. Everyone wants a hunk of these too!
Hens and Chicks
Another Crocus
Daffodils

3 comments:

OurFlowerSpot said...

I can't help you out with any flower names unfortunately, but spring has sprung...finally.

Anonymous said...

nice blog. spring is the nicest time of the year especially in the mid west after a cold winter

Lana Trussell said...

Wow! Spring looks like it's on it's way at your house. We can tell spring is here when all the bad weather starts coming in, well and the flowers.

I didn't know you could plant Hens and Chicks in the yard like that, we always put them in pots. Hmmm might have to think about that, they are easy to take care of.