We have taken on a huge project. Mark is in a wood working club and they offer classes for the members. One of the classes is stained glass. You get to select the pattern that interests you and I picked out this beautiful hummingbird lampshade. It's taking a lot of time and effort, but will all be worth it in the end. Take a look at the progress so far.
There are several steps to creating a stained glass project. Here below is Mark ginding the pieces of the glass. To the top, you can see where I was sitting to cut the glass using paper templetes to form the shapes. To Mark's left, you can see where he's placing the glass into the frame that holds the pieces in place.

This photo below shows all of the pieces ground and in place for these two panes of the lampshade.

This photo below shows the ground pieces of glass with the foil wrapped on them.

That's how far we are at this point. I only have two of the panes completely foiled so far. There are four different hummingbird panes that make up the lampshade. Once all of the eight panes are foiled, the soldering will begin on each side of the pane. Then the eight panes will be soldered together to assemble the lampshade.
3 comments:
So sorry to hear that Mark had pneumonia! Hope he's back to normal now (whatever normal might be to him!) Love your lamp...it will truly be gorgeous when you finish it. Can't wait to see the finished project. Have fun!
Oooh Sandy I can't wait to see the finish project. It looks like it's going to be soooo pretty.
Glad to hear that Mark is home. Hope he is feeling better.
Thanks! I just found these comments today! Sorry for the delay to respond. It is supposed to alert me when I get a comment, but for some reason it didn't this time. I can't wait to see the finished project either!!! I'm excited! Mark is cleaning up the grinder now and that will be put away. Now onto the soldering.
Post a Comment