Thursday, February 7, 2008

12" of SNOW!

To our Cedar Creek RV Club snowbird friends,
Don't you miss home? From our house to your RV......




12" of SNOW!
Mark was up and out plowing snow at 3:30 am. He wanted to get it finished up so that the gal could get into our drive to mom's house to care for her by 8 am. She hasn't missed a time yet to get here for mom. The meals on wheels have been missing a lot of deliveries this past few weeks. I'm going to have to cook up some food to carry over there for her. After Mark finished our drive, he went nextdoor to do the neighbors driveway. Mark finally made it back into the house at 9 am. I had coffee made and waffles ready to go onto the grill.

The neighbor lost his mailbox this time to the snowplow. We've lost ours many times over the years. What a pain to replace in the middle of the winter!

The news said that they had the most school closings to post today that they've had all winter. Well over 200. Many of the college's are closed as well. We are now over the total amount of snow this year from what we had in our last largest snowfall of I think he said 2004 and it's still early in February. We still have the rest of the month and March to go yet before we are likely done with our snow for this winter.

Barney can hardly see over the top of his path.

He's just rounding the tree out there in the front yard. Mark always snow blows him a path out there. He has a ramp that he waddles down off of the front porch and down to his path in the yard to do his business.

We DO NOT spoil our animals!


The birds are all waiting in the tree for their turn at the feeder.



Mr & Mrs Northern Cardinal sharing feeder with a purple finch.


Mourning Dove

White Breasted Nuthatch


Red Bellied Woodpecker
I just noticed that the actual name is RED BELLIED, not RED HEADED! I've read that the belly is red, but it has to be hanging upside down to actually see it. You learn something new everyday.
I'm still trying to get the elusive Blue Jay and snow bird!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting those pictures. It makes us even more thrilled to be in sunny Florida for the winter!

58readytotravel said...

You lucky dogs!

Lana Trussell said...

Wow! Look at all of that snow! There is so much the birds can hardly get to their food. Maybe I shouldn't gripe so much about the weather here in Oklahoma.